Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Sea of Tranquility

PLOT
I live in a world without magic or miracles. A place where there are no clairvoyants or shapeshifters, no angels or superhuman boys to save you. A place where people die and music disintegrates and things suck. I am pressed so hard against the earth by the weight of reality that some days I wonder how I am still able to lift my feet to walk.

Full of rage and without a purpose, former pianist Nastya Kashnikov wants two things: to get through high school without anyone discovering her past and to make the boy who took everything from her pay.

All 17 year-old Josh Bennett wants is to build furniture and be left alone, and everyone allows it because it’s easier to pretend he doesn’t exist. When your name is synonymous with death, everyone tends to give you your space.

Everyone except Nastya, a hot mess of a girl who starts showing up and won’t go away until she’s insinuated herself into every aspect of his life. The more he gets to know her, the more of a mystery she becomes. As their relationship intensifies and the unanswered questions begin to pile up, he starts to wonder if he may ever learn the secrets she’s been hiding or if he even wants to.

REVIEW
I fell in love with the book.  I am really happy that the author manages to keep you entertained throughout the whole story eager to know what happens to Nastya.  The characters were very likable   and it was fun to see how Josh and Nastya´s relationship blossomed. Without giving much away I completely loved these book and I have now developed a fascination for names! Read it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment